Escapees CARE Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (tax-exempt) corporation formed in 1992 and is under the guidance of a volunteer board of directors.
CARE answers the question, "What happens to full-time RVers when they cannot take care of their own or their spouse's needs following an illness, injury, surgery, or the progression of a long-term health situation?"
Friends may offer to help, not realizing that a "little help" will become a need for extensive help with no end in sight. Is it fair to put that burden on neighbors or relatives who have their own lives to live? There has to be a better alternative than depending on neighbors or trading your RV home for a land-based residence.
It is located in Livingston, Texas, and it is called CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees). Its mission is to provide a safe haven with professional assistance at affordable prices for members whose travels are permanently ended because of age or temporarily interrupted because of health problems.
CARE is a place where you will receive professional help for the things you may no longer be able to do. It is not a nursing home. Its goal is to delay or eliminate the need for a nursing home.
* More Information About Escapees CARE, Inc. *
* CARE provides three meals and a snack seven days a week. CARE averages 35,000 to 42,000 meals served per year.
* Escapees CARE schedules medical appointments for most of its residents, and provides transportation to and from the appointments for those residents who no longer drive.
* Escapees CARE has a nurse on duty eight hours during the business day.
* The Escapees CARE's adult day care program provides a secure day room, and a trained staff to provide monitoring, games, exercise and much more for the adult day care clients and residents.
* The atmosphere at CARE is like an RV rally. It is nothing like a nursing home!
Those are just some of the services provided at Escapees CARE.
Escapees CARE, Inc. is able to provide its services at a very affordable rates due to the generosity of Escapees RV Club members through their monetary donations and volunteering.
155 CARE Center Drive
Livingston, TX 77351