Escapees CARE Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (tax-exempt) corporation formed in 1992 and is under the guidance of a volunteer board of directors.
CARE answers the question, "What happens to full-time RVers when they cannot take care of their own or their spouse's needs following an illness, injury, surgery, or the progression of a long-term health situation?"
Friends may offer to help, not realizing that a "little help" will become a need for assistance with no end in sight. Is it fair to put that burden on neighbors or relatives who have their own lives to live? There has to be a better alternative than depending on neighbors or trading your RV home for a land-based residence.
It is located in Livingston, Texas, and it is called CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees). Its mission is to provide a safe haven with professional assistance at affordable prices for members whose travels are impacted because of age or temporarily interrupted because of health problems.
CARE is a place where you will receive professional help for the things you may no longer be able to do. It is not a nursing home. Its goal is to delay or eliminate the need for a nursing home, or assisted living.
* CARE provides three meals and a snack seven days a week. CARE serves over 40,000 meals annually.
* CARE schedules medical appointments for most of its residents, and provides transportation to and from the appointments for those residents who no longer drive.
* CARE has a nurse on duty eight hours during the business day, for our Adult Day Care.
* CARE's adult day care program provides a secure day room, with a trained staff to provide monitoring, games, exercise and much more for the adult day care clients.
* The atmosphere at CARE is like an RV rally. It is nothing like a Independant Living Homes!
Those are just some of the services provided at Escapees CARE.
Escapees CARE, Inc. is able to provide its services at a very affordable rates due to the generosity of Escapees RV Club members through their monetary donations and volunteering.
155 CARE Center Drive
Livingston, TX 77351